Wednesday 17 September 2014

Tara O'Farrell Master Class, Mise Beauty


The other week I got a last minute invite from my friend Carly to go to a master class with the stunning Tara O'Farrell aka Tara Make-up. So of course I was straight over after work. The class was held in Mise Beauty which is just a few minutes walk from where I work. If you live near Dundalk and haven't been yet you need to. The brands they stock are amazing! Their make up collection ranges from higher end brands like Kevyn Aucoin to lower budget brands like Sleek and NYX. They stock hair care, skin care, sun-care and tanning products, nail products and also carry out treatments like spray tanning and waxing.

Click Read More....





But back to the master class with the lovely Tara. As if she isn't beautiful on instagram, twitter etc. she is even more stunning in real life. And what's more she's really nice to go with it!! In the three hours she covered topics like cream/powder contouring, false lash application, creating the perfect eye liner flick as well as demonstrating two completely different looks on two models. She also held a Q&A to give us a chance to ask her any questions we had about techniques or products. She also colour matched anyone who asked. She was so sweet and really knows her stuff.

The Lovely Models

While I was there I picked up a few bits for my kit, that's why I'm so late writing this I wanted to wait and use some of the products on myself to show what they look like.

I picked up this beautiful sleek contouring palette, it contains a highlighter, blusher and bronzer I got the shade shade 372. The highlighter is the new love of my life, I'll include pics below.



I also picked up some NYX bits as this is the first place I've seen the brand on sale, I've only ever seen it on youtube.  I went for three lip liners because you can never have enough nude/pink shades ;) I also got two butter glosses and two jumbo pencils one and eye liner and the other a lip pencil that I'm using as an base for eyeshadow.



Heres some swatches of the lip liners and pencils, first with the flash on and then off.




And lastly heres a look using some of the products: In this look I used the sleek highlighter, I cant say it enough... I Love this highligher!!! I also used the 854 pale pink lip liner and the jumbo lip pencil as I base for my eye shadow pigment. I loved each of the products so far and I can't wait to go back and pick up some of the NYX products. I've a feeling Mise Beauty is going to be my new go-to destination come payday.













No comments:

Post a Comment